Friday, September 3, 2010

Just started

I have been an Oracle database administrator for 10 years.

My interest in the security and data protection aspects of databases has been growing for the last few years and so in September 2009 I went back to college to Dublin City University (DCU) to undertake a Masters in Science in Security and Forensic Computing.

I am all but finished my M.Sc now and am preparing to apply what I have picked up over the last year to the database world. I will start with Oracle databases because that is what I am familiar with but as time goes by I will extend my work to others.

I intend to keep my blog up to date with topics of interest to me and reasons why database security and the policies and procedures that it entails are becoming more and more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment