Wednesday, September 15, 2010

M.Sc research and Database Activity Tools

I officially finished by M.Sc yesterday after a full 12 months of study. The last task was to give a presentation on my research paper to 2 examiners. All went well so I am hoping for a good mark. The research was on a completely different topic to database security but does has some relevance to IT security in general - the title was "On-line text-independent writer verification system and its vulnerability to forgery". In a nutshell, I built a system that can use a piece of a person's handwriting to verify if they are who they claim to be. I then evaluated how the system coped with forgery attempts as the forger learned more about how the writer actually writes (i.e. start off with nothing, then get access to a photocopy of the writing and then get access to a video recording of the writer writing the text).

Over the last week I have started to do some research on Database Activity Monitoring (DAM) tools, database firewall tools and vulnerability scanners. The vendor list includes:
More on this later ....

No comments:

Post a Comment